You’re Gr-r-reat!! Really, you are great!
We at Omni Social may be primarily of the millennial generation, but we know Tony the Tiger’s slogan “They’re Gr-r-reat” isn’t lost on any of our readers. Wouldn’t you love to hear Tony’s voice in moments of doubt reminding you just how great YOU are?!
Unfortunately, the statistics show that most of us need a little more Tony in our lives than we realize. It’s estimated that only 2% of the population is living an authentic, daring, and fulfilling life. The 2% Mindset graphic below highlights our human dilemma.
Most of us struggle to leave our comfort zones in pursuit of what we are passionate about and what we were made for. We let our insecurities and fear keep us from greatness. All because we are driven to focus on appearing like everyone else rather than being ourselves.
Yet, Emerson challenges us with this:
“Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood.”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
There is perceived risk in choosing the path toward greatness. But, there is actually zero risk if we trust that we were uniquely made. If everyone chose to be their unique self, then all would be alike, simply by being different.
The desire to be like everyone else doesn’t mean we are sheeple. We believe it comes from a human desire to be relatable, to connect, and to have community. At Omni, we are big on community. We see community as a way of bringing different people together to make one great collective.
Ultimately, a group or a team is GREAT when each member or player has a unique role and brings individual skills to the table. This is true for community too. And, this is why you have to be GREAT at being you. You are an important, unique part of your community.
So, identify what you bring to the table and bring it already. Acknowledge “The 2% Mindset” and decide to risk becoming somebody rather than remaining an “anybody.”
We know you’re somebody. Now, don’t settle and go show everyone else.
You are “Gr-r-reat!”
- New Year, New Rules – Three Steps to Keep 2018 Resolutions Simple - December 29, 2017
- Need Inspiration? See Our Top Tips! - October 6, 2017
- How to Thrive in Survival Mode! - August 30, 2017
- Here to Stay – Our 3 Tips For Endurance - August 2, 2017
- How Do You Get It Done? - July 18, 2017
- Adapt, Then Adopt – How to Help Your Business Keep Up - June 1, 2017
- You’re Great! - May 9, 2017
- Insta Winning – Instagram Features & Your Business - April 25, 2017
- How to Be Brilliant! - April 11, 2017
- FBO – Are You Facebook Official? - March 28, 2017